The Terrigal Wamberal RSL Sub-Branch was inaugurated as a member of the Returned Sailors' and Soldiers' Imperial League of Australia (NSW Branch) on 8 August 1945.


The RSL name was later changed to the Returned & Services League of Australia.
A converted military hut was the initial Sub-Branch premises, which was located near Club Terrigal, formerly known as Terrigal Bowling Club. Once established, the building was referred to as the Terrigal Soldiers' Hall. The Bowling Club became the preferred venue for post-meeting 'smokos'.

A public meeting was called to establish an RSL Club, and it was decided that the club would be renamed the 'Terrigal Wamberal RSL Club'.


After further redevelopments, the name of the Club was changed to the Breakers Country Club (trading as the Terrigal Memorial Country Club) in 2008. The Club remains respectful to those who served, continuing to hold RSL ceremonies and tributes.  A sandstone wall and plaque are positioned opposite the Club’s entrance and it has been registered as a War Memorial.


While the Sub-Branch no longer has any financial interests in the club, it operates at Breakers as a not-for-profit organisation, assisting ex-servicemen and women from the Central Coast community.

Today, the mission of the Sub Branch is to provide for the wellbeing, care, compensation, and commemoration of serving and ex-serving Defence Force Personnel and their dependants and to promote Government and Community awareness of the need for a stable and progressive Australia.

History of the Terrigal Wamberal RSL Sub Branch

The Terrigal Wamberal RSL Sub-Branch was inaugurated as a member of the Returned Sailors' and Soldiers' Imperial League of Australia (NSW Branch) on 8 August 1945.


The RSL name was later changed to the Returned & Services League of Australia. A converted military hut was the initial Sub-Branch premises, which was located near Club Terrigal, formerly known as Terrigal Bowling Club. Once established, the building was referred to as the Terrigal Soldiers' Hall. The bowling club became the preferred venue for post-meeting 'smokos'.

A public meeting was called to establish an RSL Club, and it was decided that the club would be renamed the 'Terrigal Wamberal RSL Club'. 

After further redevelopments, the name of the Club was changed to the Breakers Country Club (trading as the Terrigal Memorial Country Club) in 2008.

 

The club remains respectful to those who served, continuing to hold RSL ceremonies and tributes. 

 

A sandstone wall and plaque are positioned opposite the Club’s entrance and it has been registered as a War Memorial.


While the Sub-Branch no longer has any financial interests in the club, it operates at Breakers as a not-for-profit organisation, assisting ex-servicemen and women from the Central Coast community.

 

Today, the mission of the Sub Branch is to provide for the wellbeing, care, compensation, and commemoration of serving and ex-serving Defence Force Personnel and their dependants and to promote Government and Community awareness of the need for a stable and progressive Australia.

 

 

TERRIGAL WAMBERAL RSL SUB BRANCH
PHONE: 0417 384 524

EMAIL: secretary@twrslsb.org.au

WEBSITE: http://twrslsb.org.au/

Back to Top